Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Matchday 10 Preview Empty Matchday 10 Preview

Tue May 03 2016, 15:00
Message reputation : 100% (11 votes)
Matchday 10 Preview ArsenalFC
arsenal vs Soccerettes

Matchday 10 Preview 11

arsenal

Arsenal will have been very glad to have a break on Monday as it enabled Yawn and Caccapupu to get a much needed rest from carrying the heavy burden that is chuckdog. It goes to show just how good they are that they are challenging near the top whilst almost playing 2v3. With Progamer they have a good experienced player waiting and with deer they have someone scoring for fun in the Nanny Pat memorial league, the only reason I can see that Mani is still playing is blackmail. First he bullied Fergy, then Jds and now his own captain. In all seriousness if arsenal play their strongest lineup they should have too much for Soccerettes and instead will be focusing on their wildcarded match against Sheepshaggers which could be their last chance at winning the league.

Soccerettes

Soccerettes well and truly had their pants pulled down on stream yesterday. We lost 4-1 against a similarly ranked team but if anything it could have been more. Although he starred in the win against HKS earlier in the season, Shootstar's last 2 appearances against L8 Unseen and Guard Dogs have been tough and shows how difficult it is for new players in this league. He definitely has the hunger to win and has great potential so Soccerettes will be hoping this can provide a great learning experience for him and that we can help him reach a top level. We generally play quite well in fs's but need to relax more in official matches. We would like to recruit someone with a mic to gently whisper in our ears during league matches to calm us down. We can't use Ghost as he sounds like an excited child on Christmas morning and we can't use MrP who's husky growl makes us lose all focus on haxball and reach for the tissues. If you are interest please send your CV to me via PM.

Verdict

On paper it's a no brainer that arsenal win but we are capable of a few upsets. Unfortunately I don't think arsenal have the balls to drop Yawn and Cacca so Soccerettes will eventually succumb to a 3-1 loss.

Matchday 10 Preview CS
Can't Score vs Sheepshaggers

Matchday 10 Preview Db0f892ced

Can't Score

Can't Score have finally thrust off the shackles and are now the opposite of what their name suggests. Scoring at will they are the in-form team at the moment and they have built that momentum perfectly going into the top of the table clash against Sheepshaggers. Most importantly they are still rarely conceding so will be full of confidence going into this one. I think maybe they played a bit too safe with their lineup last time so I'd like to see them throw caution to the wind and really go for an attacking lineup of mlf-aeRo-Element. That would be the team of most experienced and deadly finishers but would mlf be confident in their defence. You definitely feel as though they have to learn from last time and try to do something different here.

Sheepshaggers

With 2 big games against arsenal and Can't Score I think its safe to say if Mad isn't here we could see some panic postponements from B4D. They look a very strong team even without him now. suerte/luck completely curbstomped the 1v1 league winning every single game (can ogre or naho please join next time to put a stop to this monster) and with Tuntija the most common thing I hear when people play with him for the first time is "I had no idea how good he was". It's nice to see at least one promising UK player in this team and B4D has been thriving learning from his talented teammates.

Verdict

Sorry Sheeps but I hope that you lose this one to keep the title race alive and I think Can't Score have all the tools to win this match. The first match was billed as Doc vs giggs which didn't really happen so maybe this match will be aeRo vs Mad and in that case Can't Score win 2-0.

Matchday 10 Preview XTqJhyr
Deja Entendudes vs Pelicans

Matchday 10 Preview ZImVb0u

Deja Entendudes

They were once India's most famous haxball team but fans of Deja have had leave behind their love of curry and cricket and replace it with a love of rivers, cycling and you know. The Dutch revolution of Deja is complete but it's not been a rousing success so far. They did manage to scrape a 3-2 win vs L8 Unseen in the last match but they could easily have dropped points there. The signing of Ahmed obviously improves their team but likely removes any connection with UK players in their main lineup. They move to 5th now and that is probably where I'd expect them to be at the end of the season. They play against Pelicans next who don't have the strongest attack so Deja will be hopping not to add to the large number of goals conceded this season.

Pelicans

Pelicans should be looking for some sort on compensation from Hannes employer after last week. With their star player sent on a training course they conceded a massive 15 goals without him against arsenal. It shows how important Hannes is to them and if he played I'm confident that Pelicans would have conceded no more than 14 Razz

It was just a freak result so Pelicans will look to put that behind them now. When they defend tight and safe like against Soccerettes they will be hard for anyone to break down and they can always get a winner on the counter attack. They have been without a win in 4 match days now so need to stop the rot quickly.

Verdict

With Deja conceding 8 in one game and Pelicans 15 this could have the hallmarks of one of PremierHax's highest scoring games. So as all the signs point to that it will probably be the complete opposite and I will predict Deja to win 1-0.

Matchday 10 Preview Q1wTztG
FOXHOUND vs L8 Unseen

Matchday 10 Preview L8_log11

FOXHOUND

FOX? FOX?!?! FOXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!! They came so close to only their 2nd win this season in heartbreaking circumstances on Monday. Leading 3-0 against HKS they really should take all 3 points. The problems occurred after the substitutions and I feel greatly for Twigg as I would probably have done the same thing to try to give people a game. However as the people who only want to win will tell you: "Don't change a winning team!" and sadly this has cost FOXHOUND. In haxball its usually true that nice guys finish last and Twigg is probably the nicest captain I've ever seen but maybe now is the time to unleash the raging ball of fire and hatred that calls himself Jds. xkgdgjfsxjjtxgkdgdhfkcyykcykcykffkyufkhdkchch Smile

L8 Unseen

My colleague Swieczka has decided that enough is enough and has taken a sabbatical from writing previews in order to concentrate on turning his side around. Of all the teams this season they are perhaps the most unfortunate, they always seem to play quite well but end up with narrow 1 goal losses after a few minor mistakes. They only need a few minor tweaks and they can be a real force. They have not managed to keep a clean sheet all season and with a gk of Herna's calibre that is a massive shock. Unless they sort out their defence they look like they will need to score 5 goals a game at the moment.

Verdict

This fixture was FOX's only win in the first leg of the season and while they look stronger now with the addition of saviola I'm not convinced that L8 have made large strides forward yet. I think FOX will repeat the result winning 2-1.

Matchday 10 Preview ZSXtAJF
Guard Dogs vs HK Stalingrad

Matchday 10 Preview D3278691dcd098b38462cdc0f337c908

Guard Dogs

Who needs Jai? Their first draft pick has gone missing but Guard Dogs have been on fire since the arrival of Mata. Winning the last 2 games comfortably without Jai when they do get him back they could be a frightening opponent for anyone. Gjonaj looks to be the best player to complete their ideal team but he is too busy scaring kids at the local park with his pigeons to play haxball and so the responsibility looks to have landed at Cazorla's feet. He has done ok so far but with the increase in quality of his teammates you would expect his best games to come in this 2nd half of the season. They are on a roll but their opponents next time are a step up in competition.

HK Stalingrad

This week we discovered someone in our community with a great talent for the Queen's English who posted with great insight and humour and it is an honour to preview your game Lloyd BANKS. Just kidding of course (that muppet has none of those things) and I am instead talking about our very own ogre. He shared with us some concerns he has about HKS and whether they are ready yet to compete with the very best - this match could be a strong indicator. Despite being quite high up the table they haven't been convincing in any game so far and are a long way from what I would consider their best. They don't seem to ever be fully in control of a game and going 3-0 down to require a miraculous fightback against FOX typifies that. This feels like quite a crucial game for HKS, lose to rivals Guard Dogs and they will be looking below and trying to hold on to that last CL place.

Verdict

For me HKS have the better team and are due a really strong performance so I expect HKS to make a statement and win 4-1.

If you would like to do any future previews please let me know.

Thanks for reading.

Anonymous

Matchday 10 Preview Empty Re: Matchday 10 Preview

Tue May 03 2016, 16:13
i was hoping to get an insight of what MrP said during that long pause after our first goal.

Nice one sic good read as usual

Last edited by Gjonaj on Tue May 03 2016, 17:05; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator

Tue May 03 2016, 17:03
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
He was probably downing whatever was left in his beer bottle.

Nice one Soc.
Sugar Ray
Sugar Ray
Superman

Tue May 03 2016, 18:17
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
N1 soc
salamini

Tue May 03 2016, 19:28
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
These previews make the league so much more interesting. Thanks for the great job!

I will be hunting the head of A.Tuntija if it happens so that we will be playing against each other. Be very afraid! Cool
TT
TT
PremierHax Member

Tue May 03 2016, 21:01
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
We can't use Ghost as he sounds like an excited child on Christmas morning

>> wtf Greg lad - the Ghost i remember was usually half asleep and therefore ideal for the role you have in mind!

Sheep
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Tue May 03 2016, 21:48
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Whats the quote you always say? "I'm spinning in my chair weeeeeeeeeeeee"

Sala vs Tunti - winner gets all the pizza Very Happy
abi
Energetic