Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchday 7 Preview

+5
mlfaijati
Ghost
socrates
Silent
xXxogre69xXx
9 posters
Go down
xXxogre69xXx
PremierHax Member

Matchday 7 Preview Empty Matchday 7 Preview

Mon Apr 25 2016, 02:50
Message reputation : 100% (11 votes)
Matchday 7 Preview UIGNKiMMatchday 7 Preview 11

FOXHOUND vs Soccerettes

FOXHOUND

FOXHOUND find themselves in a bit of a rut coming into this fixture, they've lost their last 3 in a row, and in their most recent game they were left utterly quadraspazzed by DEJA, who gave them a 7-3 clogstomping.

Captain Twigg has no doubt been doing a lot of soul-searching at the bottom of a whiskey bottle during this barren spell of results and perhaps, in a moment of clarity, he has found part of the solution to his teams woes with the signing of saviola, the no-noncesense FM Div1 GK of Pablo Haxobar fame.

Soccerettes

2 cleansheets in a row (including an 8-0 rectalising of DEJA) tells us that Soccerettes have gotten over the 4-1 loss to L8 Unseen and rediscovered the type of resolute defense that limited Arsenal and Can't Score to 1 goal margin victories and made myself and the rest of HK Stalingrad cry like little girls. Not content with merely parking the bus in front of goal, they thought it would be funny to run us over with it and win 1-0.

Socrates has built a team with a good blend of youth and experience, and if the team with the 2nd best defence in the league keeps this level of defensive effort up consistently over the course of a season, then there is no reason they can't challenge for a CL place (especially if MrP plays when he's pissed).

Verdict

I think that FOXHOUND will tighten up defensively over the coming games, but when you have one of the best defensive records in the league, the motivation to maintain it will help keep your team focused. I can't see anything other than a low scoring game and a 0-0 or a 1-0 FOXHOUND wouldn't surprise me massively, but taking into account current form I'm going for a Soccerettes 1-0 Victory.

Matchday 7 Preview ZSXtAJFMatchday 7 Preview XTqJhyr

Guard Dogs vs DEJA

Guard Dogs

Matchday 7 Preview 7b7

Sort it out lads ye.

DEJA

Conceding 24 goals in 6 games is simply not acceptable for a man like Zizou. Thankfully for DEJA, Ziz is a man of action, and the signing of AHMED should ensure that this woeful defensive record will stabilise as the season goes on. Not only does AHMED give the team a measure of solidity, he also has the benefit of slotting straight into a lineup of familiar players, as FOXHOUND found out to their cost.

But whatever issues have been holding DEJA back early in this season, scoring goals isn't one. With Stefan in the line-up, DEJA have a player who seems to score for fun regardless of what team he is playing for and will punish any defensive lapse or weakness an opposing team has.

Verdict

Having to play Sheeps, Arsenal and Can't Score consecutively is no easy task, and most people would have predicted 3 losses for Guard Dogs regardless, but to concede 18 goals in that time is a big worry, especially when your next opponent is a team who scored 7 in their last game and have a striker as prolific as Stefan.

I think DEJA will kick on from their last performance and take advantage of an opponent who are in the doldrums, so I am predicting a DEJA 3-1 victory.

Matchday 7 Preview JIDCDAVMatchday 7 Preview CS

HK Stalingrad vs Can't Score

HK Stalingrad

Despite a series of unconvincing performances, HK Stalingrad still find themselves joint 2nd. Losses to Soccerettes and Sheepshaggers were punctuated with victories which, whilst looking convincing on paper, in reality left a lot of question marks over the direction of this team.

One question mark which doesn't exist however, is that of HK Stalingrads strength in depth. A squad containing gado, Monstah, Ren, R2-D2, Sebastian, *cough* er me, Superstar Foyaz and new arrival Lloyd BANKS is one of, if not the strongest in the league. It remains to be seen however, whether or not captain Ren can maintain the delicate act of giving active players game time and still having enough cohesion in the line-up to get results on the pitch.

Can't Score

When the season began, this team lived up to its name. After losing both of their opening matches, questions were beginning to be asked whether or not they had what it took to mount a title challenge.

Can't Score bounced back emphatically though. After grinding their way to successive 1-0 wins, mlfs team finally found the scoring touch, with a 2-0 victory over FOXHOUND followed by a 7-1 schlonging of Guard Dogs. Worrying signs for the league when a team who have won their last 4 games in a row have only conceded 1 in that time.

In giggs and Beninho, mlf has 2 of the UKs most promising players, and along with B4D4SS and Q, probably the most likely candidates to make the jump into the UK National team. Not sure about that Aero bloke though.

Verdict

Stealing BANKS from under the nose of Can't Score adds another interesting subplot to this matchup to go along with it being a clash between 2 teams with aspirations of winning the league. Part of me thinks that if we are on our game then we will win, and part of me thinks that Can't Score, much like Sheepshaggers, have the type of teamwork and superior discipline which will expose HK Stalingrads lack of cohesion.

If you don't go into a match thinking you can win then you might as well not play. Can't Score are a tough team in great form, and it will be a very competitive game, but I believe we will rise to the occasion and it will be a 2-0 Victory to HK Stalingrad.

I think.

Matchday 7 Preview UnTIOTbMatchday 7 Preview ArsenalFC

L8 Unseen vs Arsenal

L8 Unseen

L8 Unseen may be sitting near the foot of the table, but they have proven they can give even the best teams in this league a run for their money. I think this team has a lot of potential to improve, but the biggest problem at the moment is consistency, and they have to play to their potential a lot more frequently if they have any aspirations of climbing the table. Beating Soccerettes 4-1 but proceeding to lose to Pelicans 7-3 in the next match only to run Sheepshaggers close the game after highlights this.

Arsenal

Arsenal are the team that most people believe will give Sheepshaggers the biggest challenge to the league title.  With Yawn and new signing Cacca, Arsenal can boast that they have 2 of the very best players in the league in their squad. That being said, Caccas debut didn't go according to plan, as they fell to a 4-3 defeat to HK Stalingrad.

Whether or not this was a temporary blip remains to be seen, but class always prevails, and when you have players of this quality on your team it will always be reflected in the league table at the end of the season. I think that whether or not Arsenal win this league depends entirely on how well the other squad members raise their games to match the levels of the 2 stand-out players. Perhaps a Welsh goal-poacher is the missing piece of the puzzle. deer

Verdict

Arsenal have a point to prove and will want to get their title challenge back on track. L8 Unseen can make life difficult for any team, especially if they are underestimated, but Arsenal can't afford to fall victim to complacency after losing their last match, so I'm going to say a 4-1 Victory for Arsenal. #feedthechuck

Matchday 7 Preview ZImVb0uMatchday 7 Preview Db0f892ced

Pelicans vs Sheepshaggers

GAME WILDCARDED, PREVIEW POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, THANK YOU

Anonymous

Matchday 7 Preview Empty Re: Matchday 7 Preview

Mon Apr 25 2016, 03:08
Just the right amount of bants, chapéu
Silent
Silent
Smooth Operator

Matchday 7 Preview Empty Re: Matchday 7 Preview

Mon Apr 25 2016, 07:46