Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need UK team representing at the HCL

+29
xXxogre69xXx
SebastiAn
abi
UKOriginal
lumi
Geslan
Ghost
Hannes
Kamina
Swift
VENOM i7
Lloyd Banks
Groot
Q
abacus
noj
Skillem
Holtby
Sugar Ray
MrP
Beninho
Yawn
socrates
The Doctor
corn
RĂ©nbeaudach
Jai.
mlfaijati
B4D 4SS
33 posters
Go down
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Need UK team representing at the HCL - Page 3 Empty Re: Need UK team representing at the HCL

Thu Mar 17 2016, 17:48
50p says HKS finish ahead of sheeps next season
Q
Promising

Need UK team representing at the HCL - Page 3 Empty Re: Need UK team representing at the HCL

Thu Mar 17 2016, 18:39
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I've enjoyed this league and felt that it's casualness is what allows the less experienced to learn amongst more skilled and experienced players. I feel I've improved and have had fun. Leagues are naturally competitive and this leads to short termism in just playing developed players which I guess in some ways is what happened in Hot Shots FM. The team got a bit downbeat which led to inactiveness and imo the new recruits created a bad atmosphere in the team which led to others leaving/ being cut. What may have been a good stomping ground for a UK "U21" 4v4 team is no longer.

As Corn mentioned earlier, we barely have enough active players for 3v3 and we need to work as a community to improve and recruit players. This starts from more noob welcome type rooms and less flaming in pubs as I'm sure some potentially good players are put off by others. I've been lucky to come across some in the community here who have been happy to give their advice on where I can improve and what I do well (Sugar, mlf, herna, tanzim and others - thank you). If we all do our bit, I'm sure we can all have fun Smile

If we can increase the community, naturally a 4v4 league may become possible.

I don't usually get involved in these but Doc does bring up some good points. Although he can come off as brash, I don't think a previous reputation should mean we disregard everything he says. I used to think he was just a flashy player with no team ethic but playing with him in recent months, I have changed my mind somewhat. You have to play with someone to realise their qualities as naturally somehow they make your life easier/ harder. If he's good enough for team UK, maybe he is, maybe he isn't, not for me to say Very Happy

Last edited by Q on Thu Mar 17 2016, 18:54; edited 1 time in total
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 18:49
mlfaijati wrote:50p says HKS finish ahead of sheeps next season
A HKS where ren doesn't even play, hah!

It seems like Q is the only guy actually trying to understand what I'm talking about.
Groot
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 19:04
socrates wrote:At the end of the day if people want a team of UK players in the CL then go and create one. Just complaining about it won't get you anywhere.

As for team UK it doesn't really matter if it is ren or someone else tbh. The best lineup of jai - mad - vakoj - aero clearly picks itself.

Pls... no soc no party
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Fri Mar 18 2016, 09:07
Why don't we do some Team UK vs Hopefuls exhibition matches or something? Gives others a chance to show their stuff on big easy and gives the current UK squad some time to practice together. I could stream them and generate some interest.
Anonymous

Fri Mar 18 2016, 09:43
Q wrote:I've enjoyed this league and felt that it's casualness is what allows the less experienced to learn amongst more skilled and experienced players. I feel I've improved and have had fun. Leagues are naturally competitive and this leads to short termism in just playing developed players which I guess in some ways is what happened in Hot Shots FM. The team got a bit downbeat which led to inactiveness and imo the new recruits created a bad atmosphere in the team which led to others leaving/ being cut. What may have been a good stomping ground for a UK "U21" 4v4 team is no longer.

As Corn mentioned earlier, we barely have enough active players for 3v3 and we need to work as a community to improve and recruit players. This starts from more noob welcome type rooms and less flaming in pubs as I'm sure some potentially good players are put off by others. I've been lucky to come across some in the community here who have been happy to give their advice on where I can improve and what I do well (Sugar, mlf, herna, tanzim and others - thank you). If we all do our bit, I'm sure we can all have fun Smile

If we can increase the community, naturally a 4v4 league may become possible.

I don't usually get involved in these but Doc does bring up some good points. Although he can come off as brash, I don't think a previous reputation should mean we disregard everything he says. I used to think he was just a flashy player with no team ethic but playing with him in recent months, I have changed my mind somewhat. You have to play with someone to realise their qualities as naturally somehow they make your life easier/ harder. If he's good enough for team UK, maybe he is, maybe he isn't, not for me to say Very Happy

Was that Shakespeare bro.
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Fri Mar 18 2016, 11:20
socrates wrote:Why don't we do some Team UK vs Hopefuls exhibition matches or something? Gives others a chance to show their stuff on big easy and gives the current UK squad some time to practice together. I could stream them and generate some interest.

How about a little mini 4 team tournament we could run in ssn break.

Team 1 (Old UK): Jai, Mad, Vakoj, aeRo, mlf, Ren, ogre, BANKS
Team 2 (Hopefuls): Q, Maestro, jonnyynnoj, giggs, Blizaard, Swift, Beninho, Lee, The Doctor
Team 3 (Dark Horses): Speaks, corn, Twigg, Ghost, Sugar, B4D 4SS, Iceman, xOscar, CM Punk, abacus
Team 4 (ROTW) Herna, MrP, Jds, Stefan, Yawn, naho, Diesel, Holtby, salamini

I could stream every game and would be a fun way to give some UK players 4v4 big easy experience.

Apologies if I missed people out - they can be added to the relevant squads.

Last edited by socrates on Fri Mar 18 2016, 12:29; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Fri Mar 18 2016, 11:29
socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:Why don't we do some Team UK vs Hopefuls exhibition matches or something? Gives others a chance to show their stuff on big easy and gives the current UK squad some time to practice together. I could stream them and generate some interest.

Team 2 (Hopefuls): Q, Maestro, jonnyynnoj, giggs, Blizaard, Swift, Beninho, The Doctor
Team 3 (Dark Horses): Speaks, corn, Twigg, Ghost, Sugar, B4D 4SS, Iceman, xOscar, CM Punk
Team 4 (ROTW) Herna, MrP, Jds, Stefan, Yawn, naho, Diesel, Holtby

I could stream every game and would be a fun way to give some UK players 4v4 big easy experience.

U missed my 8th favourite UK player called socrates
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Fri Mar 18 2016, 11:43
I'm retired. I can be streamer or if anyone wants to lose heavily then coach Wink
corn
corn
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Mar 18 2016, 11:48
i'd put B4D 4SS in team 2 personally.

also put someone else instead of me.
Jai.
Energetic

Fri Mar 18 2016, 11:53
that would be a good laugh i'm in
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Fri Mar 18 2016, 12:36
are all international games on big ez or mix of sumtimes 3def and sumtimes big ez? and thats a gd idea socrates wp
RĂ©nbeaudach
RĂ©nbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Mar 18 2016, 13:27
big easy @ B4D,

And sure I'd be in for that tournament providing the rest of the establishment are there (putting jonny in the 'hopefuls' made me giggle a bit), wouldn't mind defending my ego against my detractors.
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Fri Mar 18 2016, 13:28
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
Jonny is making his comeback just you wait.
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Mar 18 2016, 14:19
looks like fun
Lloyd Banks
Lloyd Banks
Dynamite

Fri Mar 18 2016, 15:54
socrates wrote:At the end of the day if people want a team of UK players in the CL then go and create one. Just complaining about it won't get you anywhere.

As for team UK it doesn't really matter if it is ren or someone else tbh. The best lineup of jai - mad - vakoj - aero clearly picks itself.

fort we wos gud m8s 2bh, RIP dis friendship 🎻
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:03
<3
VENOM i7
Dynamite

Fri Mar 18 2016, 23:09
Message reputation : 0% (2 votes)
The Doctor wrote:
RĂ©nbeaudach wrote:Just goes to show at heart what a genuinely sickening human being Doc is.

Whenever this sort of topic comes up, he'll wait a few posts before badmouthing UK players in general, saying that they'll all be 'pub-level' forever when he himself has been the leader of the pub-level brigade for nearly two years now whilst displaying a staggering ignorance of the attributes and virtues it takes to make players actually perform well, and actually being close to the core of the problem as to why UK players don't get as fair a shot as they otherwise might.

Reason I continuously say they'll always be pub-level is that those who have the ability to take in and essentially improve the rookies, are too busy trying to make a team out of friends alone.
Yea, I mean you.

TeamUK is built on a basis of who you get along with, and the TeamUKU21 has a roster with Jiminy cricket who has quit hax last I heard.
You always point the finger in the opposite direction, never looking at yourself, I mean, how are you even the UK captain when you are pub-level?

I agree, I'm the "leader" if you will of the pub brigade, and have been for 2 years. Reason being I used to see this game as a skill only, juke whoever you can game. However, playing with tanzim and splash a while back, and different leagues and with players far better than I in fs's I've come to learn that passing and making plays as a team is far more satisfying than a solo sloppy run. My whole hax-mentality has changed.

I've changed, but all you see is the same doctor from 2 years ago. Another problem you have. You don't believe people you dislike have the ability to improve.

I think it's time you stepped down as captain of TeamUK in all honesty and focused on things which you are good at like hosting quizzes and what -not

tbf 50% of haxball is decision-making and that is why ren is high up in that category. it's not about a player looking sloppy that they're bad -- look at hannes he might not be flashy (he ain't sloppy either) he just makes good decisions and has been sucessful and got recognition for his hard pressure and defence. nothing is impossible maaan.
Lloyd Banks
Lloyd Banks
Dynamite

Sat Mar 19 2016, 17:50
VENOM i7 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
RĂ©nbeaudach wrote:Just goes to show at heart what a genuinely sickening human being Doc is.

Whenever this sort of topic comes up, he'll wait a few posts before badmouthing UK players in general, saying that they'll all be 'pub-level' forever when he himself has been the leader of the pub-level brigade for nearly two years now whilst displaying a staggering ignorance of the attributes and virtues it takes to make players actually perform well, and actually being close to the core of the problem as to why UK players don't get as fair a shot as they otherwise might.

Reason I continuously say they'll always be pub-level is that those who have the ability to take in and essentially improve the rookies, are too busy trying to make a team out of friends alone.
Yea, I mean you.

TeamUK is built on a basis of who you get along with, and the TeamUKU21 has a roster with Jiminy cricket who has quit hax last I heard.
You always point the finger in the opposite direction, never looking at yourself, I mean, how are you even the UK captain when you are pub-level?

I agree, I'm the "leader" if you will of the pub brigade, and have been for 2 years. Reason being I used to see this game as a skill only, juke whoever you can game. However, playing with tanzim and splash a while back, and different leagues and with players far better than I in fs's I've come to learn that passing and making plays as a team is far more satisfying than a solo sloppy run. My whole hax-mentality has changed.

I've changed, but all you see is the same doctor from 2 years ago. Another problem you have. You don't believe people you dislike have the ability to improve.

I think it's time you stepped down as captain of TeamUK in all honesty and focused on things which you are good at like hosting quizzes and what -not

tbf 50% of haxball is decision-making and that is why ren is high up in that category. it's not about a player looking sloppy that they're bad -- look at hannes he might not be flashy (he ain't sloppy either) he just makes good decisions and has been sucessful and got recognition for his hard pressure and defence. nothing is impossible maaan.

hannes is a drydick @hannes cyclops
VENOM i7
Dynamite

Sat Mar 19 2016, 21:09
lol BANKS

another thing is i don't want to play in the same room cluttered with foreign gypsies who were only taught how to say "fdp" "fds" "mdr" "ptdr" "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" "amk" every 2 seconds and not get ddosed by turks
Swift
Forum Bangout

Sun Mar 20 2016, 00:10
Message reputation : 25% (4 votes)
you know the UK haxball problem actually comes from UK players in pubs being banned regularly cos they arent good enough yet and so they don't bother to play anymore. also they don't spend enough time to practice so they don't get good enough which means it will always be a recurring problem...
Swift
Forum Bangout

Sun Mar 20 2016, 00:12
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
socrates wrote:

Team 2 (Hopefuls): Q, Maestro, jonnyynnoj, giggs, Blizaard, Swift, Beninho, Lee, The Doctor
Team 3 (Dark Horses): Speaks, corn, Twigg, Ghost, Sugar, B4D 4SS, Iceman, xOscar, CM Punk, abacus
Team 4 (ROTW) Herna, MrP, Jds, Stefan, Yawn, naho, Diesel, Holtby, salamini

im part of the old Uk smh!!! (dont move me tho or i wont play) Very Happy
Swift
Forum Bangout

Sun Mar 20 2016, 00:13
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
and yh the tournament soc suggested is a gr8 idea, do it.
Anonymous

Sun Mar 20 2016, 11:57
You're just a big part of the problem as the rest of these uk idiots.
This problem isn't gonna fix ever, a few optimists may wanna believe so but UK Haxball is way past its peak. Nothing to discuss here so dont quoute me. Just hope jai mad aero vakoj and the rest never get a life.

How do i know this?

:MessengerPigeons:
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Sun Mar 20 2016, 13:08
did you just triple post swift what the fuck

also with regard to people banning uk players in pubs, certainly when the room says "pro/high level only" then it's understandable, but i can't remember who said it before (think it was jai), but really new players need to take the responsibility themselves and play by themselves/play 1v1 to get their basic skills up before playing in competitive 3v3 pubs. if they don't have the dedication to do that then then they won't have the dedication to play in a league imo
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum