Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
avatar
Yawn
Dynamite
Posts : 253
Reputation : 59
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Tue Mar 22 2016, 23:50
Message reputation : 33% (3 votes)
@The Doctor wrote:I thought I'd make it too, but stuff happens.

Fact is, TeamUK lost 6-3 to players they considered 'pub-level' hhhh
"We made it to semi-finals" they boasted.
Bet we would've won that year if you lot made it to the semis lmao

I distinctly remember ren saying the current TeamUK was not a charity, 'good' and no new signings were needed hahahahhaha
AhHHhHahHahahhahaha
6-3 shows you lot were outmatched. 'We' doubled your score.
Sit down 'veterans', let us teach you how to play in the new generation. Your old tricks ain't working anymore.

I really do wonder what the score would've been had I played..owell

Final standings show that Hopefuls lineup is the current BEST UK TEAM in premierhax

Put maddude in on dm and make Team UK play for their life like its an CC final and its 10-0 for team uk lol.
Ofcourse these hopefuls did it good, but one casual game like this doesnt say to much imo ^

To bad there is no final, i wanted to re Team UK now with a gk that wont give 4 goals first min away ;S
avatar
Kamina
Promising
Posts : 37
Reputation : -7
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 00:09
Message reputation : 33% (3 votes)
4 matches, all teams min. 15 goals against

the only one who was good was socrates <- everyone loves socrates
sooooooocrateeeees
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator
Posts : 407
Reputation : -89
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 00:10
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@Yawn wrote:
@The Doctor wrote:I thought I'd make it too, but stuff happens.

Fact is, TeamUK lost 6-3 to players they considered 'pub-level' hhhh
"We made it to semi-finals" they boasted.
Bet we would've won that year if you lot made it to the semis lmao

I distinctly remember ren saying the current TeamUK was not a charity, 'good' and no new signings were needed hahahahhaha
AhHHhHahHahahhahaha
6-3 shows you lot were outmatched. 'We' doubled your score.
Sit down 'veterans', let us teach you how to play in the new generation. Your old tricks ain't working anymore.

I really do wonder what the score would've been had I played..owell

Final standings show that Hopefuls lineup is the current BEST UK TEAM in premierhax

Put maddude in on dm and make Team UK play for their life like its an CC final and its 10-0 for team uk lol.
Ofcourse these hopefuls did it good, but one casual game like this doesnt say to much imo ^

To bad there is no final, i wanted to re Team UK now with a gk that wont give 4 goals first min away ;S

How does one player being absent make the National Team so helpless?
If they were as good as everyone makes them out to be, shouldn't they have been able to topple the hopefuls squad without him?

Anyways, if they are up for a Round 2 of a public beating then hit 'us' up. Bring on maddude and pretend it's a CC final. Let's see who wins.
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman
Posts : 728
Reputation : -124
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 00:18
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
yeh wud be nice if we had more of these, was good fun and got finished quickly




SSN4-SSN7-SSN8-SSN9-SSN10 - PREMHAX CHAMPION

RECORD OF MOST CONSECUTIVE SEASONS WON (4) - SSN7+SSN8+SSN9+SSN10

RECORD OF MOST SEASONS WON OVERALL (5) - SSN4+SSN7+SSN8+SSN9+SSN10


Team UK Tournament - Page 3 608acd3c81e66fad2dd60310a818a1bb
nero
nero
PremierHax Member
Posts : 58
Reputation : 55
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 00:19
Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)
I wanna thank socrates for creating this wonderful tournament and iam grateful for everyone who helped and/or participated in this tournament!
It was a lot of fun to play the games and to watch the other games being live streamed on Twitch!

I also wanna throw out a thanks to MrP who let me captain ROTW 1, thxs m8 u made da dream come true woo!!

But most importantly we are thankful for the opportunities, the strengths and the blessings that god gave us, so that we could become the champions!

But for us in ROTW 1 victory was never a goal itself. For us the goal was to help the community to grow, flourish and maybe hopefully take a few steps towards a new and brighter future for all of us as a community!

Also a BIG congratulation to Team UK for reaching the third place, great job guys! Thumb Up
avatar
Yawn
Dynamite
Posts : 253
Reputation : 59
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 00:20
Message reputation : 67% (3 votes)
l0l doc i would love to see that ^^

I mean lets be real, Hopefuls lost 10-3 to us just the game before. Team UK made them look better then they are.
But sure go with Jai - mad - vakoj/aeRo/mlf/ogre/BANKS or whoever they have, i would for sure watch!

And no disrespect to Team Hopefuls, they did really good, hopefully Herna can make Q to the next top dm in UK hax Wink
Girgensons
Girgensons
New Member
Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 00:41
Message reputation : 60% (5 votes)
lel I'm not going to be as modest as our Swedish friends.

Team UK was incomparably better than any other team in the tournament, besides us, of course. We were clearly superior, I mean 32 goals +17 GD r u srs right now? Basketball

No, but really, Hopefuls left so much space open that it was never even a contest. Dunno about 3def, but Team UK obviously has both the experience and the expertise on big ez. It was a real nice, tight, fast-paced game that, and I really enjoyed playing against the UK A squad.

In every other game it was all about running up the score, pretty much.
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman
Posts : 728
Reputation : -124
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 00:53
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
@Girgensons wrote:lel I'm not going to be as modest as our Swedish friends.

Team UK was incomparably better than any other team in the tournament, besides us, of course. We were clearly superior, I mean 32 goals +17 GD r u srs right now? Basketball

No, but really, Hopefuls left so much space open that it was never even a contest. Dunno about 3def, but Team UK obviously has both the experience and the expertise on big ez. It was a real nice, tight, fast-paced game that, and I really enjoyed playing against the UK A squad.

In every other game it was all about running up the score, pretty much.

this is why i say haxball is low skill ceiling, u can have all the skill u like but if the opponent has the right defensive game sense u cant do anything, even if their defence game sense is very basic but organised..




SSN4-SSN7-SSN8-SSN9-SSN10 - PREMHAX CHAMPION

RECORD OF MOST CONSECUTIVE SEASONS WON (4) - SSN7+SSN8+SSN9+SSN10

RECORD OF MOST SEASONS WON OVERALL (5) - SSN4+SSN7+SSN8+SSN9+SSN10


Team UK Tournament - Page 3 608acd3c81e66fad2dd60310a818a1bb
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator
Posts : 407
Reputation : -89
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 01:22
Message reputation : 50% (4 votes)
Sure, they can pass around all smooth and what-not, but what's the point of all that if you don't score?

The team of hopefuls were this good with little to NO prior experience in 4v4 big easy as oppose to TeamUK, hence the clear observable skill difference, so imagine if they actually got guidance and were told where, and how to improve.

BoOM now you have 4 other players at, or just below, the level of TeamUK as a team.
Then they go on and pass on their knowledge and before you know it UK becomes a decent haxballing nation.

Buuut, to even play against TeamUK you have to first "moan" on the forum and then insinuate the creation of an organised tournament..

Why can't they just play us for fun evey so often, or if they cba then someone (soc) do this tournament once every month, near the end of the month ideally to give em some motivation... and time for practise
Girgensons
Girgensons
New Member
Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 01:27
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
@B4D 4SS wrote:
@Girgensons wrote:lel I'm not going to be as modest as our Swedish friends.

Team UK was incomparably better than any other team in the tournament, besides us, of course. We were clearly superior, I mean 32 goals +17 GD r u srs right now? Basketball

No, but really, Hopefuls left so much space open that it was never even a contest. Dunno about 3def, but Team UK obviously has both the experience and the expertise on big ez. It was a real nice, tight, fast-paced game that, and I really enjoyed playing against the UK A squad.

In every other game it was all about running up the score, pretty much.

this is why i say haxball is low skill ceiling, u can have all the skill u like but if the opponent has the right defensive game sense u cant do anything, even if their defence game sense is very basic but organised..
Nope. I've played big ez for 4-5 years now, and the teams that are playing a purely defensive game have never gotten anywhere and have never won a single championship, cup or international competition. It's just that big ez is more about team play and discipline than 3def, so if you have any lapses, faults or no chemistry, you're going to get punished by a three-headed, iron-fingered triple-team of death on your bitch ass. Basketball
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator
Posts : 468
Reputation : 219
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 09:33
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Team UK are still one of the best teams in Europe but they need to cope better without Mad and Vakoj. If they want to have a serious crack at winning the next tournament they need to play together more often.

Hopefuls did really well considering they have no knowledge of how to play big easy. Some of them have great potential and with a bit of guidance from the more seasoned pros then who knows how much they could progress.

The main lineup of Jai, Mad, Vakoj, aeRo is still the best and if they could play more regularly whilst letting some of the newer guys play with them and learn from them then UK can have high hopes for the future.
avatar
Jai.
Energetic
Posts : 121
Reputation : 15
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 12:10
Message reputation : 80% (5 votes)
We've never had a team of uk players to play against, can't remember when the last uk under 21 team wasn't a team full of haxleague players, if we start practicing those guys are more than welcome to play with us. Think it's probably been since the last cc that me mad and aero were active so we need to start playing again to have any chance of getting as far as we did last time. And doc I think however badly we played last night we would have beaten that team if you played, you just haven't got the mentality to stay and defend like they did last night, wp btw we were pretty screwed against that. And the thing you seem to so desperately want is to be in team uk, all this has done is pushed you further back, amazing

Wouldn't mind playing with soc as dm he's probably the best we've got atm
avatar
VENOM i7
Dynamite
Posts : 292
Reputation : 44
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 16:04
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
fucking only turned up for like 5 mins lmao could've moved me self to hopefuls if i showed my real self

gg wp guys ty soc for organising this now we can see the main outcome mby do another 1 at easter?
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 642
Reputation : 190
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 16:11
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I like these tournaments in between seasons, bit like the regional cup last time around - good opportunity for players to put themselves into the shop window.

In terms of Team UK, while i think jai mad and aero are pretty entrenched in being 3 of the starting 4, i'd say the 4th spot is pretty open, though this is likely due to not having seen Vakoj for a while, as last time there was a tournament he was certainly the best 4th for the team




I wouldn't trade one stupid decision
For another five years of life

Yeah, I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge.
The kids are coming up from behind.
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman
Posts : 728
Reputation : -124
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 17:10
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
@mlfaijati wrote:I like these tournaments in between seasons, bit like the regional cup last time around - good opportunity for players to put themselves into the shop window.

In terms of Team UK, while i think jai mad and aero are pretty entrenched in being 3 of the starting 4, i'd say the 4th spot is pretty open, though this is likely due to not having seen Vakoj for a while, as last time there was a tournament he was certainly the best 4th for the team

imo after each tourney, based on the performances, people from each UK group should be relegated and promoted, so for example giggs wud get promoted for being a standout player for hopefuls, cm punk for dark horses and maybe speaks also, then players who performed worst on hopefuls and team uk wud get relegated 2 replace the missing spots. ren cud choose it since hes captain or u cud have a panel of judges like ren mlf socrates sugar ray etc..




SSN4-SSN7-SSN8-SSN9-SSN10 - PREMHAX CHAMPION

RECORD OF MOST CONSECUTIVE SEASONS WON (4) - SSN7+SSN8+SSN9+SSN10

RECORD OF MOST SEASONS WON OVERALL (5) - SSN4+SSN7+SSN8+SSN9+SSN10


Team UK Tournament - Page 3 608acd3c81e66fad2dd60310a818a1bb
Anonymous
Guest
Guest

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 17:56
When u added sugar ray to a panel of judges lol


Pigeons
Sugar Ray
Sugar Ray
Superman
Posts : 897
Reputation : -45
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 18:04
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
@Gjonaj wrote:When u added sugar ray to a panel of judges lol


Pigeons

ye I cant really judge lol




Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Sugar_Ray_Band_Logo
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 689
Reputation : 152
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 18:35
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@socrates wrote:Team UK are still one of the best teams in Europe but they need to cope better without Mad and Vakoj. If they want to have a serious crack at winning the next tournament they need to play together more often.

Hopefuls did really well considering they have no knowledge of how to play big easy. Some of them have great potential and with a bit of guidance from the more seasoned pros then who knows how much they could progress.

The main lineup of Jai, Mad, Vakoj, aeRo is still the best and if they could play more regularly whilst letting some of the newer guys play with them and learn from them then UK can have high hopes for the future.

Will have to agree, if anything let us down yesterday it was playing as Maddude were playing but without him actually being there.
When you have one player in the key position (DM) able to elevate the whole team's play so significantly it can be hard to adjust styles when he's not there, especially when you've been playing that way for the past 2 years or so.

I think though that the tournament was useful in terms of looking for a few new players, CM Punk impressed me by looking the best of his Dark Horses team, and Iceman and Q may be in the running if they keep improving as they have been.
avatar
dooms
Energetic
Posts : 116
Reputation : 20
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 19:00
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
jonni's time to shine




Team UK Tournament - Page 3 C692d6c445c02c5f718c6feb86e6a827
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 642
Reputation : 190
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 19:18
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
come back dooms




I wouldn't trade one stupid decision
For another five years of life

Yeah, I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge.
The kids are coming up from behind.
avatar
Mád
Forum Bangout
Posts : 352
Reputation : 38
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 19:30
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Right now the UK squad lacks depth majorly but with the only active replacements being people who have zero big easy match experience let alone friendly experience. This upcoming tournament should be an opportunity to try to educate quite a few players and even let some play as i'm sure we'll run in to activity problems (exams, work, life etc) with some of us older lot. I could probably help a lot by typing up a fairly decent guide on how we play and what to do but honestly playing with people teaches them quicker most of the time. ESL CC should be used as training and preparation as we will be in a shitty pot probably whereas the nations cup later on in the year we will be fourth seed so have a higher chance of going through 1st and getting a good knockout stage in. But right now anyone aspiring to the UK squad should seriously consider DM'ing and the best way to do that is to probably play DM in 4v4 big as you'll never play Big Easy at all.
DM will be the hardest to learn/teach so theres that though.
Forwards are the simplest positions in big easy so that's most likely the easiest way in and easily taught.
Goalkeeping is quite tricky but we need depth there as well really but can be taught and learnt quite easily.

All in all it comes down to experience really so the more people that are playing big easy the better, the only problem is finding places to play it as you will likely not be signed/played in the russian league but maybe some of the czechoslovaks will give you a chance in theirs.
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 436
Reputation : 167
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 20:24
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
I knew we should have just made FM 4v4 big easy. We could all see this coming from a mile away. Why did no one listen!?
avatar
Mád
Forum Bangout
Posts : 352
Reputation : 38
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 20:50
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Nobody understood my master plan Ghost, you and jonny basically killed uk haxball skill ffs
avatar
VENOM i7
Dynamite
Posts : 292
Reputation : 44
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 21:08
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
wtf no recognition for me no mention of me improving sssnakes
Lloyd Banks
Lloyd Banks
Dynamite
Posts : 225
Reputation : 76
Status :
Online
Offline

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Wed Mar 23 2016, 21:39
lol jonni's best skill is defending the near post
Sponsored content

Team UK Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Team UK Tournament

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum