Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halves

+7
nero
Ghost
Beninho
Sugar Ray
B4D 4SS
mlfaijati
corn
11 posters
Go down

what minute halves would you prefer?

17 - 45%
21 - 55%

Total Votes: 38

Poll closed
corn
corn
Administrator
Administrator

Halves Empty Halves

Thu Mar 10 2016, 19:59
Vote.
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Halves Empty Re: Halves

Thu Mar 10 2016, 20:01
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
why not 6? i agree with the idea that 5 is too short but 7 can drag on. or we could do turkey 12 minute 1 half as a compromise xd xd
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Thu Mar 10 2016, 20:07
i voted 7min so there's less flukes and the better team wins more often
Sugar Ray
Sugar Ray
Superman

Thu Mar 10 2016, 20:11
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
rip clean sheets
Beninho
Beninho
Dynamite

Thu Mar 10 2016, 20:33
5 minute master race
Anonymous

Fri Mar 11 2016, 00:06
poll should be public
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Mar 11 2016, 12:48
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I don't have the stamina for 7 minute halves.
nero
nero
PremierHax Member

Fri Mar 11 2016, 13:50
longer games = more advantage for the stronger team Neutral
Sugar Ray
Sugar Ray
Superman

Fri Mar 11 2016, 14:09
Message reputation : 33% (3 votes)
He 14 mins of bussing is too much
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Fri Mar 11 2016, 18:38
2x7 min league games and make cup 2x15 mins
More time for comebacks incase you get a bad start
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Fri Mar 11 2016, 19:46
Sugar Ray wrote:He 14 mins of bussing is too much

this is the point, a team has to have a proper organised defence to be successful in defence, like they have to in 4v4 where the DM can fully commit, otherwise it makes it too easy for teams to bus when they are winning which does win games but is really bad for gameplay and how fun the game is
abacus
Hyperactive

Thu Mar 17 2016, 12:19
i voted 7 cos peer pressure
Speaks
Hyperactive

Sun Mar 20 2016, 14:37
Sugar Ray wrote:rip clean sheets

dis.

But yeah, 7 mins (6 probably would be better).
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Sun Mar 20 2016, 14:47
should probably give more points for a clean sheet/clean sheet per half

also i think goals/assists from a GK should also get more points, just becuase i think overall GK's get under-represented in the leaderboard as say the game ends 1-1 with both teams strikers scoring that both GK's will get 0 points whereas they may have been the best player on the team that day
Sugar Ray
Sugar Ray
Superman

Sun Mar 20 2016, 16:33
mlfaijati wrote:should probably give more points for a clean sheet/clean sheet per half

also i think goals/assists from a GK should also get more points, just becuase i think overall GK's get under-represented in the leaderboard as say the game ends 1-1 with both teams strikers scoring that both GK's will get 0 points whereas they may have been the best player on the team that day

Ye I agree, you are a good example from last season, but finding a balance between attackers and goalkeepers is difficult. Perhaps we could give more points to goalkeepers for assisting/scoring, and what about 3rd assists?
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Sun Mar 20 2016, 17:22
Sugar Ray wrote:
mlfaijati wrote:should probably give more points for a clean sheet/clean sheet per half

Ye I agree, you are a good example from last season, but finding a balance between attackers and goalkeepers is difficult. Perhaps we could give more points to goalkeepers for assisting/scoring, and what about 3rd assists?

yo sugar i think ppl shud also get assists if they make a pass that becomes a goal even if it isnt the last pass, like this for example shud be assist for me + doctor not just doctor, makes more sense imo

Halves 9c5e66c12cabd6c43d78e0d8bf7ed79c
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Sun Mar 20 2016, 17:33
yeah count 2nd assists as well
Anonymous

Sun Mar 20 2016, 17:58
Wtf everyone high these days none of this makes sense
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Sun Mar 20 2016, 20:01
points changes when going to 7 mins imo:

clean sheet for half up to 5 points
any pass made by the gk in an unbroken move to score a goal that isn't the primary assist: 2 points
Sugar Ray
Sugar Ray
Superman

Sun Mar 20 2016, 20:06
Rénbeaudach wrote:points changes when going to 7 mins imo:

any pass made by the gk in an unbroken move to score a goal that isn't the primary assist: 2 points

I can still see attackers having a much greater advantage with 7 minute halves. They will score even more goals and I cant see anyone not conceding for 14 minutes, and even 5 points in 7 minutes is difficult.
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Sun Mar 20 2016, 20:26
Sugar Ray wrote:
Rénbeaudach wrote:points changes when going to 7 mins imo:

I can still see attackers having a much greater advantage with 7 minute halves. They will score even more goals and I cant see anyone not conceding for 14 minutes, and even 5 points in 7 minutes is difficult.

15points for 10mins= 1.5 points per min, just keep same rate.

5point for half is 1point per min, so 7 for half and 21 for full.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Sun Mar 20 2016, 22:30
Were you struggling to get into the top 10 of Top Players last season?
Well, worry no more. Introducing our new Premierhax OP gking point system, you'll be rewarded for bus'ing and as an added bonus, literally anything you do you'll get points.
You striker scored? Well fk him, let's give you 5 points for that pass you did last half m8, wp

How are you going to reward the GK for the plays he does in attack, even if it's a bloody secondary assist, and give only 3xp to the defending a striker does which contributes to the fucking cleansheet he gets? Are you serious?

I can't critiscize and not present my own solution for you lot to bash ofcourse, so here goes.

imo
The cleansheet points should still be 15xp, and the goals reduced to 3xp each.
In a 7 minute game between two decent sides, the average amount of goals scored are like 3. So the striker would get 9xp, but for the "hardwork" he does the GK gets 15xp eyy
I know I hated the 15xp thing before, but 7 mins deserves the 15xp

Give 1xp to the outfield players only if they contribute to a full game's cleansheet.
Fuck that "half-game cleansheet" thing. So many keepers running away at half time to secure points. Nah.
Play whole game to get whole reward IMO
Sugar Ray
Sugar Ray
Superman

Sun Mar 20 2016, 23:09
Tbh doc goalkeeers don't get op points otherwise it would be player like soc, cacca, mlf and maestro at the top, instead most of them are attackers; Stefan, naho, yawn, mad.

Cacca ofcourse is considered by many as the best to play in the league but his position in the top players list doesn't reflect that. Ye he doesn't get as many clean sheets as maestro does but he always makes impact in games like he has 19 assists and 9 or something goals, and was probably involved in alot more goals then he has been credited for.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Sun Mar 20 2016, 23:56
All I'm saying is, you can't be giving the GK all these perks and forget the contribution the other two lads have done.
That secondary assist idea , just no.
The half-game cleansheet, no.
15 xp for 5 mins, no.

It does seem rather harsh to give the GK a fixed reward in which if he is to conceed then all is lost, and the striker a limit bound only by how many he can score, but you forget, with the reduced points per goal I stated earlier, he can easily cancel it out and attain a surplus.

Another thing, every player has a job and if the GK cannot do his job then it is only right he lose out on the points.
A GK can score as well as get a cleansheet, whereas a striker can only score. The guy has so many options, so getting points shouldn't be an issue.

With my pointing system, it is possible for GK's to enter the top rankings should they play well, so this mentality of, "oh the game can end 1-1 but the gk played the best" needs to go. A score of 1-1 shows both teams played well enough to keep it at a draw. Of course there are circumstances where luck has a huge role in performance, but that's a rarity.

If you play well, you win.
With the exception of lucky goals, a team that played well cannot possibly lose. It is a paradox.
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Mar 21 2016, 13:09
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Count 2nd assists.

Also count assists if they are deflected(lasers, rebounds off walls where the play was intentional etc) if you don't already do that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum