Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ss vs hks

+2
B4D 4SS
Rénbeaudach
6 posters
Go down
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

ss vs hks Empty ss vs hks

Mon Aug 08 2016, 18:30
can't play tonight sorry

Last edited by Rénbeaudach on Mon Aug 08 2016, 19:38; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

ss vs hks Empty Re: ss vs hks

Mon Aug 08 2016, 18:39
Ofc u wont be playing us today coz ur not scheduled to play us u silly sausage.
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Aug 08 2016, 19:39
:whistles:
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Mon Aug 08 2016, 20:01
Message reputation : 25% (4 votes)
im taking a defwin for the l8 wildcard, we been fsing expecting a match and only after u edit ur post did we know it was wildcarded, which was at 7:38, 38minutes late.
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Aug 08 2016, 20:35
you knew exactly what I meant
corn
corn
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Aug 08 2016, 21:01
well you could've checked the fixture list b4d. Defwin declined.
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Mon Aug 08 2016, 21:05
Message reputation : 50% (4 votes)
excuse me, im supposed to check threads that say gd - hks wildcard, and assume they mean me? he didnt wildcard our game until 7:38, thats 38minutes late, i dont see how a defwin can be declined here tbf..
Anonymous

Mon Aug 08 2016, 21:40
just don't be such a dick man
Anonymous

Mon Aug 08 2016, 22:32
lol if i knew it was ment for u b4d then u shud too.

or u rly asking for them to drop u as captain next season.
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Aug 09 2016, 12:29
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Guest wrote:lol if i knew it was ment for u b4d then u shud too.

This.

How can an opposing captain know more about your own fixture list than you do?
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Tue Aug 09 2016, 18:57
Message reputation : 50% (6 votes)
if it says guard dogs vs hks wildcard, makes me think its not 4 me. i love how im getting the blame, when its rens responsibility not mine to wildcard the right match. had this been the other way around im sure all of u wud be telling me how i made the mistake and need 2 accept the consequences. im taking the defwin because i know im entitled to it, since ren did not wildcard our match before 7pm, but at 7:38, which is his fault not mine.
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Aug 09 2016, 19:11
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
B4D 4SS wrote:if it says guard dogs vs hks wildcard, makes me think its not 4 me. i love how im getting the blame, when its rens responsibility not mine to wildcard the right match. had this been the other way around im sure all of u wud be telling me how i made the mistake and need 2 accept the consequences. im taking the defwin because i know im entitled to it, since ren did not wildcard our match before 7pm, but at 7:38, which is his fault not mine.

And therein lies the problem. Ren wouldn't have been dickish enough to claim a defwin and would have been proactive about the situation from the start.

You claim to have took time out of your valuable social life to sit in all night and practice haxball, yet in all this time you didn't once check your opponents TS channel to see if they were there practising too? I know I do, and I know if I were to see an empty channel during that check I'd try to find out why it was empty before wasting my time.

I also know what team I'm playing on any given match day, and I always check the wildcards forum every day. And I know that if I were to see a thread where the team I know I'm playing has issued a wildcard then I'd check to make sure it was my team they were talking about and it wasn't a mistake.

And if it were a mistake I wouldn't try to desperately claim 3 points, instead I'd be understanding of the situation and offer a rematch when possible.

You know, little common sense things that make the life of a captain so much easier and this place a more friendly place to play.

And before someone tries to use Deja as an example, a) No wildcard was posted at all in that situation and b) that match was still played anyway.

For me, no defwin, just play the damn match. Yana wat a meen?
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Tue Aug 09 2016, 19:28
Message reputation : 29% (7 votes)
- Wildcards must be posted within one hour of the scheduled start time of the match in order to be mandatorily accepted by their opponent.

7:38 sheeps get wildcarded, b4d doesnt accept the wildcard and is not mandated to do so, since the match was wildcarded after 7pm.

its that simple ghost, next time ren can wildcard the match before 7pm to avoid this problem, the responsibility lies on him, not me. the rules clearly say that if the wildcard is not at least 1hr before the match, im allowed to take a defwin. rules are the rules. im entitled to my defwin, regardless of whether or not you think its the right move or dickish or whatever
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Aug 09 2016, 20:15
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Well assuming you are of at least average intelligence it shouldn't be hard to work out what had happened.

I know I'm wildcarding half an hour before the deadline, and by convention one can reasonably assume the match I'm wildcarding is the one on the day that I wildcard (as are ~9/10 of all wildcards, and I think all of my own previous wildcards).
The only point of contention is the clerical error where I perhaps absent-mindedly typed out 'g dogs' instead of 'ss'

Now B4D 4SS, riddle me this, in a competition whose purpose is to determine which team is the strongest in a game of haxball, what do you think that punishing honest bureaucratic errors like this by putting a loss on their record without any haxball being played does for the legitimacy of the competition?

Look I could sympathise with you if I had deliberately wasted your time by putting in a late wildcard and expected not to be punished in some way for breaking the spirit of my own rules, but I think you're not really being honest with yourself or me by saying that essentially a typo should be considered equivalent to an instant forfeiture of a match of haxball without any haxball being played, something with which a person of any foresight or intelligence (which I think at heart you are) would be able to tell.

I mean the rules don't exist in a vaccuum, and are there for the purpose of upholding the spirit of good competition in the league, and it would be absurd in any case to consider that spirit subservient whatever imperfections these rules may hold, particularly in a plainly obvious situation such as this.
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Aug 09 2016, 20:19
its like you actually want us to strip your captaincy
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Tue Aug 09 2016, 20:25
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
what you do next season with my captaincy is your choice, but im not going to change my decision based on appeasing to you guys to keep me captain. ill take the choice i want, and u can decide if you think i should continue to be captain in season 6.

ren you wildcarded our match 38minutes late, meaning i am not obliged to accept your wildcard.

ive taken into account what u said, but im sticking with my decision.
Anonymous

Tue Aug 09 2016, 20:39
but it's not your decision to make lol
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Aug 09 2016, 20:53
Well since corn ruled that he's rejecting your request for a defwin this is all academic and we'll have to arrange a date to play anyway, I happened to merely be supporting his rationale.

When you're ready to swallow your pride I'll be happy to talk to you on that subject.
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Tue Aug 09 2016, 20:53
chuckleberry finn wrote:but it's not your decision to make lol

if a wildcard is late, i dont have to accept the wildcard. rules are the rules.
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Aug 09 2016, 21:09
And an admin's decision is an admin's decision; your point?
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Tue Aug 09 2016, 21:11
admins make the rules, but are permitted to sticking with the rules. the rules are clear that i dont have to accept late wildcards. if i dont get a defwin here, that is contrary to the rules set out by the admins at the beginning of ssn5, which have not been changed since
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Aug 09 2016, 21:20
Without invoking Judge Dredd too much here, you do realise that it's the Admins who not only make the rules, but also have the final say on how to interpret them, not you.
Anonymous

Tue Aug 09 2016, 21:32
it's about the spirit not the letter of the law you jabroni
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Tue Aug 09 2016, 22:19
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
so admins can choose when 2 implement the rules and when not to? why didnt it say this on the rules of wildcards?
MrP
MrP
Energetic

Wed Aug 10 2016, 06:13
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
B4D 4SS wrote:so admins can choose when 2 implement the rules and when not to? why didnt it say this on the rules of wildcards?

from time to time there are cases u cant think about when u create the rules.

Imo just play the match and win the 3 points on the pitch.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum