Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal sign deer94

+11
Groot
The Doctor
Caccapupù
B4D 4SS
deer94
Skillem
mlfaijati
SebastiAn
Ghost
socrates
abacus
15 posters
Go down
abacus
Hyperactive

Arsenal sign deer94 Empty Arsenal sign deer94

Sat Apr 23 2016, 13:20
Message reputation : 33% (6 votes)
i herd he is a legend thts y i am signin him. 2 the teams above arsenal in waivers ye, man wont play 4 u he wana play 4 arsenal
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Arsenal sign deer94 Empty Re: Arsenal sign deer94

Sat Apr 23 2016, 13:28
cheers
Anonymous

Sat Apr 23 2016, 13:30
finally deer
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Sat Apr 23 2016, 13:33
deer
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Apr 23 2016, 14:02
deer
Lloyd Banks
Lloyd Banks
Dynamite

Sat Apr 23 2016, 16:45
Message reputation : 67% (3 votes)
deer
SebastiAn
SebastiAn
PremierHax Member

Sat Apr 23 2016, 17:53
Message reputation : 67% (6 votes)
Who's the muppet that keeps downvoting these
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Apr 23 2016, 18:45
Message reputation : 67% (6 votes)
i did, because abacus is clearly underminding the system of waivers by saying "lol nobody steal my player coz he won't play for you"

obviously i could just hijack this to prove a point, but its not really worth it to sign someone of deer's calibre

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Anonymous

Sat Apr 23 2016, 20:15
how is he undermining the draft? The comment was clearly a joke. I don't see why this joker has brought up Cacca either. We asked him to play for us 10 mins before we signed him. It wasn't some grand plan to evade the draft lol.
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Apr 23 2016, 20:34
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I think there should be some sort of rule to make it so if a player has played in the league before, they should have to sign up to the draft, as really that's why the draft is there: to take the entire pool of players and allow it to be divided up evenly. The waivers system is there to supplement teams when they need more players, not signing people who have played in every season so far and decide only now to sign up to play.

Moreover, the waivers order really needs to be sorted out next season. The only 'correct' way to do the order is carrying it on from the season before; this is how it works in SPHB, as the whole system of trading assets for draft picks and waiver sports is integrated into the entire structure of the league. This is achieved through having the existing 10 franchises be the 10 teams that will always be in the league. If a captain decides they don't want to carry on, then someone who does becomes captain of that team, with the existing spot in waivers. The whole captain starting a team from scratch is an idea attached to the FM/most other haxball leagues style of not including a draft. Obviously, this could backfire with a team getting fucked and having a lack of draft picks and a good waiver spot for a new captain, and this is where I think the admins should have the power to step in to prevent stupid trades giving that give away too many assets for players.

Otherwise, the current system, as I think I've discussed before, is either:

Waiver list is identical to 1st round, and so the team that is first in both gets their free choice (as arsenal have this season, signing 2 players who won the league by a mile last season) of players to join, and if this is a new team (which is extremely likely) that means essentially 3 players who have been signed to the team without any other team having the power to prevent it.

or

Waiver list is inverse to the first round, which gives the team that won the title last season a free pick at a player, which results in (lo and behold) them having essentially 3 players which teams have no power to stop (being the captain, player kept and 1st waiver signing), such as C3 last season.

Both of which don't work imo.

Also this isn't an attack on arsenal/cacca this season, I heard cacca was going to sheeps, so the signing is fair enough.
deer94
deer94
Promising

Sat Apr 23 2016, 20:51
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
Oi mlf, I started appearing on teamspeak when the draft was already underway, I didn't try to avoid other teams at all, and when I did originally appear on teamspeak I didn't want to play in the league I was here just to chill

So your idea is basically to exclude me for the entire season until the next draft? With that attitude you will kill off haxball, what about any new players that sign up and are interested, you go and tell them they have to wait a few months till the next draft at which point they may not even have a chance and they'll just bugger off and not bother with haxball at all

Cacca was essentially an in the moment signing as we now needed a GK as Tanzim has basically lost interest due to internet issues and tanz just being a little whiny bitch in general

The reason these hijackings dont happen often is that other than the pull of playing with people you're familiar and friends with (bearing in mind I played with Mani and Tanz on Football manager in the summer previously so I've kept in contact with them) there's no draw like in football with higher wages offered from a different team or whatever

this isn't some multi million dollar industry where everything has to be run by the book, people come and go and for most people haxball is just a minor factor in peoples lives

Arsenal sign deer94 JxiyeJp
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Apr 23 2016, 22:14
mlfaijati wrote:I think there should be some sort of rule to make it so if a player has played in the league before, they should have to sign up to the draft,

u havent played in the league before, im not talking about players like you

also nice meme you recycled from another thread

Lloyd Banks
Lloyd Banks
Dynamite

Sat Apr 23 2016, 22:51
he's got you there deer you fucking dickhead
deer94
deer94
Promising

Sat Apr 23 2016, 22:52
I barely use this forum so didn't realise this wasn't a quality fresh content meme that's up to your standards
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Apr 23 2016, 22:55
maybe you should go back to barely using this forum then

barri
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Sat Apr 23 2016, 23:13
i agree with mlf talking a lot of common sense here.

on the point of new players not getting a chance - how many new players have been signed from free agents? it seems free agents system atm is just a way of getting pro players in ur team.

the break between seasons cud be shorter to shorten time for the people who did actually join new mid-season.

the best thing about the league and this season in particular is that the teams are balanced and it makes the title race more exciting, cus of the draft, and the current free agency system takes away from that.
Caccapupù
Caccapupù
Promising

Sun Apr 24 2016, 00:32
I'd like to clear out a point (even tho maybe someone already understood it): I haven't signed up to the draft because I wasn't simply playing at the times (I took a break from haxball), and when I came back the league was already started. Indeed in my free agency's post I wrote: "for offers pm or fm ts, every team is ok" because I indeed wanted to make it like a draft and don't cheat at all. The firsts who wrote me were SS, I told them ok but then idk what happened but we haven't been in contact anymore. So one day (like 4 or 5 days ago no idea) I randomly joined free agents channel and Arsenal wrote me. That's all thanks for reading my cool story
abacus
Hyperactive

Sun Apr 24 2016, 01:23
Message reputation : 50% (6 votes)
yo can u upvote my post pls i dont like bein in overall negative rep man
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Sun Apr 24 2016, 01:25
Message reputation : 33% (3 votes)
abacus wrote:yo can u upvote my post pls i dont like bein in overall negative rep man
just make alt account and upvote yourself bro

abacus
Hyperactive

Sun Apr 24 2016, 01:31
Message reputation : 33% (3 votes)
lmao bro 2 much effort init, i cant believe ppl upvoted me man, i thank these ppl frm the bottom of my heart. u kno who u r xxxx

mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Sun Apr 24 2016, 12:41
we don't have to accept inherent flaws in the system, just use the waivers system i've proposed

B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Sun Apr 24 2016, 13:21
xOscar wrote:
mlfaijati wrote:we don't have to accept inherent flaws in the system, just use the waivers system i've proposed

..Thus accepting the inherent flaws in that system..

there arent flaws, the argument is that new players have 2 wait till next season and might lose interest, but look at the players who've been signed and see how many are actually new players, its all players who play in other leagues or have played in previous premhax ssn's.

and the other point of teams needing to sign players mid-season say if some players go inactive, they cud sign the players who weren't picked from the draft, it wud be same system as it was in beginning of season wen u were only allowed 2 sign players from draft who weren't picked, which wud work just fine
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum