Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@ punk

+5
Mád
Rénbeaudach
B4D 4SS
Gjonaj
Silent
9 posters
Go down
Silent
Silent
Smooth Operator

@ punk Empty @ punk

Mon Jul 03 2017, 22:05
are playoffs a series best of 3 and final best of 5 or are they all just one game
Gjonaj
Gjonaj
Smooth Operator

@ punk Empty Re: @ punk

Tue Jul 04 2017, 01:01
1 game
2x7
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Tue Jul 04 2017, 15:32
Gjonaj wrote:1 game
2x7

we play a full season for 7 weeks to determine the best team and then we finish it off with just 14min matches? if anything the previous play-offs were too short (2x5 best of 3), and now its being shortened even more?

how about 2x7 best of 3 semifinals, and 2x10 best of 3 for the final. i mean people wanted play offs cus it makes the ending more exciting and because we get the best versions of each team playing each other (after full season of chemistry building), but now to decide the winner in 14min matches seems really wrong idea considering how much time we've spent to reach this point of participating in the play-offs.

basically 14min best of 1=shorter and less fun + more likely fluke results.

i thought this was the opposite reason to why we chose play offs, because u get more flukes with a league system where its not the best version of each team playing each other but who had the best start + finish.. u can even see in the announcement thread discussion (which is the reason we are doing play-offs rather than league format) the reasons for a play-off system where made https://premierhax.forumotion.co.uk/t1554-season-8-announcements

nobody wanted it to end in 1x14min games. We wanted less chance of flukes, and less anti-climatic ending to the season as well.. really would ruin the fun + competitiveness of the season if it ends in minigames imo..
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Jul 04 2017, 15:42
Don't see anything wrong with keeping it how it always was when we started playoffs; best-of-3 5 minute halves; then best-of-5 for the final

if that's too short then have 7 mins for the final, 10 min halves is imo too long for a multi-game series, shorter halves and longer games ensures there's more likelihood of there being tension right to the end in the individual games rather than there being some games that are foregone conclusions with 5 mins to go
Gjonaj
Gjonaj
Smooth Operator

Tue Jul 04 2017, 15:46
Top 2 teams get rewarded with 2 chances to get to final. The team that finished 3rd n 4th will have to win 2 games to get to final.
It was chosen by the people before season started and i for one think its better this way as it keeps all parties motivated and on top of their game.
General opinion about the play off series was that they sucked but if all 4 captains would like it reintroduced and the rest of the admin team, then who am i to say no.

Heres the link to what the ppl voted for!!!
https://premierhax.forumotion.co.uk/t1565-season-8-format
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Tue Jul 04 2017, 18:52
yh i agree with the play-offs gjonaj, just not using 2x7 best of 1 for the matches, even 5min halves best of 3 then best of 5 is good too i guess, just anything but best of 1 2x7 xD
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Tue Jul 04 2017, 18:54
Rénbeaudach wrote:Don't see anything wrong with keeping it how it always was when we started playoffs; best-of-3 5 minute halves; then best-of-5 for the final

if that's too short then have 7 mins for the final, 10 min halves is imo too long for a multi-game series, shorter halves and longer games ensures there's more likelihood of there being tension right to the end in the individual games rather than there being some games that are foregone conclusions with 5 mins to go

yh actually that makes more sense than 10min halves i didnt think of that
Mád
Forum Bangout

Wed Jul 05 2017, 07:41
I'd prefer bo3's, more fun more intense
Though do other caps agree?
2x5 bo3 then 2x7 bo3 finals is good, streams?
lumi
lumi
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Jul 05 2017, 07:51
I don't agree with 'best of 3/5' to decide play-offs. Seems daft. I like the original format that was voted for.
corn
corn
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Jul 05 2017, 07:54
2x7 best of 3 IMO
Mád
Forum Bangout

Wed Jul 05 2017, 10:35
Best of 3/5 was always used the last times we did play-offs, the vote was just for the play-off system not best of
Gjonaj
Gjonaj
Smooth Operator

Wed Jul 05 2017, 11:20
Last time what happened with the play off series was that people had a backlog of games and played them at ungodly hours and the community lost interest in them as a whole.
We didnt want wc games at this end of the season because time is limited.

As it stands from the captains, Flash and Lumi dont like the idea of play off series and only mad is in favour from the 4 teams represented in the play offs. Tracksuit Gang captain is yet to put any input in the matter but it seems we should stick with the original idea that was democratically voted.

Safe, gl in the Finals!!!!
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Wed Jul 05 2017, 11:57
nobody democratically voted for the best of 1 instead of best of 3/5 unless its been done secretly somewhere, if anything people voted for the play-off system with the idea in mind that it would be the same as season 5 and 6 where it was a best of 3/5 series matches.

Also consider that if ur deciding this by letting the caps vote, well then they have a vested interest. It suits weaker teams (3rd and 4th are nearly half the points of the top 2 teams after a full season of 196minutes of match time played) to have just 1 game of 7 halves, because theres a much higher chance of a fluke result than a best of 3 series of 10min halves where the opponents have more time to comeback if they go 0-1 down. Play-offs already gives the weaker teams more than enough chance to win by making the league results only count for qualification, but this takes it to another level of favouring weaker teams that is way too far IMO.

At the very least the Final match should be best of 3, 7min halves?? Again we've played 7weeks to reach this point, and the overall PremHax Season 8 Champion getting determined in such a short game really ruins the season, well at least for me speaking for myself, I would've just voted for a standard league system had I knew the play-offs would change the match times from the previous seasons to be even shorter, and I'm sure thats the same for lots of others, because why would we assume these play-off times would change from previous play-off seasons, when nothing was mentioned about it changing..
lumi
lumi
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Jul 05 2017, 12:52
Rugby League. 12 Teams in top division. Top 8 at the end of the season go into playoffs and the winner is crowned champion. Rarely happens that the league leaders become champions via play-offs. As a rugby league fan I'm quite fond of the system and don't think the game is at all affected negatively by 'fluke' results. There are no 'fluke' results. If you're good enough you'll win. Having a play-off and then including 'best-of' just sounds ridiculous to me. What if it goes on too long and players have to leave leaving you with a weaker line-up for the last game which could be a decider? (inb4 spread it over multiple days lol no thats just dragging it out)

Also, don't disrespect us by calling us a 'weaker' team. We came from 2nd bottom as a team in utter despair without a captain mid-season and are a team made up of players who nobody else wanted, to achieve this. Commend us on the achievement and wish us luck, calling us 'weaker' is mightily disrespectful in my eyes.
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Wed Jul 05 2017, 13:21
i think its disrespectful to make the league end with a shitty 1 game 7min halves after nobody voted for that or was told it wud be like that when the play-offs were voted for over the league system, and we're told only after we played a full season that it wont be a best of 3/5 series like every other play-off system.

and u are a weaker team in terms of the play-offs, its up to you to prove it wrong but we all know ur coming into the play-offs as underdogs to LGB and TG whether u like it or not, so of course it suits you to have a 1 game 2x7 matches, but that doesnt make it fair to use that system. i dnt think its disrespectful to acknowledge that, and i do also acknowledge that pelicans have done well to comeback from where they were mid-season since you took over as cap.

season5 and season6 i dont believe there were any problems at all with inactivity or not getting the games played cus it was a series, all the semifinals/finals were played and finished in the same evening that they started with the all the players who played the 1st leg being available for the last leg of the series.

Last edited by B4D 4SS on Wed Jul 05 2017, 14:16; edited 1 time in total
corn
corn
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Jul 05 2017, 13:51
I do agree with b4d. Not that we are a weaker team but fluke results do happen. I think if we are trying to determine who the best team in the league is then it has to be done over a series of legs or through a 'best of' series as that way, it's more likely that the team that plays better goes through. think playoffs is something that should be looked at more closely post season.
Mád
Forum Bangout

Wed Jul 05 2017, 14:48
Rugby is over an hour long leading to a lot more chances to equal it though, on hax you could score one goal from a shitty spam and then just defend for the rest to win, even doing a woodberri and camping it in the corner, thats not fun at all.
Silent
Silent
Smooth Operator

Wed Jul 05 2017, 16:50
I agree with b4d/ mad basically best of 3 2x5 and final best of 5 2x5. @lumi yes ur team is shit u played teams that could barely find 3 players but thanks for reviving pelicans and not killing the league was probably the nicest thing this season also fuck @boyd7

Ideally tho, i would like a nba style playoff, with 8 teams
1v4 2x7 best of 7 so we can see sero and co smash pelicunts
2v3 same thing
+make stats into playoffs but not this ssn next ssn if it happens
Gjonaj
Gjonaj
Smooth Operator

Wed Jul 05 2017, 17:58
Whats the point having a play off series then we might aswell just finish the season as it os with lgb as winners.
As i said before, lgb have 2 chances to get to the final which helps them just as much as a series. Its far worse for pelicans n l8, the teams you referred to as weaker teams.
As for the democratic vote it was made clear at the time that this system would not be suitable with a best of 3 format.

Anywayz can all the captains join me at 7pm in a dedicated channel to try and come up with a suitable system.
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Wed Jul 05 2017, 18:37
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
punk the semifinals make sense being best of 1 2x7, since LGB or TG get 2 games minimum before being eliminated, which they earned from being 1st and 2nd, its just the final match being 2x7 1 game is really stupid AND really wasnt made clear at all in the voting thread, all that was mentioned was it would be play-offs in a different system, nothing about scraping the best of 3/5 series style that was already used before.
Beninho
Beninho
Dynamite

Wed Jul 05 2017, 19:29
Mád wrote:Rugby is over an hour long leading to a lot more chances to equal it though, on hax you could score one goal from a shitty spam and then just defend for the rest to win, even doing a woodberri and camping it in the corner, thats not fun at all.
i agree with this, playoffs should be a 1 hour match to avoid fluke results
A.Tuntija
PremierHax Member

Wed Jul 05 2017, 19:56
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
Semifinals: 1 match 2x7 mins.

Finals: best of 3 series (2x5 mins each match).

I love you
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum