Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lumi
lumi
Administrator
Administrator

Season 9 Captain Application Discussion Empty Season 9 Captain Application Discussion

Sun Jul 16 2017, 11:40
Discuss applications here bounce

Current apps:

Roj
Lyreco
Somalian
Aero
Bamox

What do you think? Who's most deserving? Pros/Cons to each? Discuss!
lumi
lumi
Administrator
Administrator

Season 9 Captain Application Discussion Empty Re: Season 9 Captain Application Discussion

Sun Jul 16 2017, 12:09
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
My opinion on each application:

Roj - Very humble and great team player. Helps teammates with advice and criticism but isn't at all arrogant about it. I think he'd make a great captain and I would tip him to lead his side to top 3. He was one of the best signings I've ever made throughout haxball and I'm surprised he was still in the free agency - this is a clear example of how broken Premhax is at the minute with nobody willing to give such a great player a chance.

Lyreco - I don't know much about him other than he's a bit immature, I will have to form an opinion over the next couple of weeks before the captain applications close and am looking forward to seeing how he does in the pre-draft cup.

Somalian - People keep saying to me that somalian 2 is the problem and that somalian as actually a nice guy. I refute this as I've seen them both behaving the same when together and I'm genuinely worried what outsiders will think if one of our captains behaves in such a manner. I would encourage somalian to distance himself from the Premhax name when playing with somalian 2, don't use our name for pubs if that behaviour is going on in them, it brings us down. I don't think somalian would make a good captain but seeing as he has received a lot of support I'm willing to forgo that for now and form my opinion based on his performance in the pre-draft cup. I hope he proves me wrong.

Aero - A legend of haxball and having played with mad for such a long time, I don't doubt his ability as a player and hope he can perform similarly in a captaincy role. I am slightly worried about his activity but as he has said, he has finished uni and should be fully active now. I hope he stays true to his pledge to sign UK players should he be given captaincy.

Bamox - Another I don't know much about as a player/captain but having played Mafia with him a few times I get on with him and don't dislike him but I am looking for something to show that he would make a good captain.

I look forward to more applications but as it stands we need 5 new teams so it isn't exactly going to be a tough decision for us!
Silent
Silent
Smooth Operator

Season 9 Captain Application Discussion Empty Re: Season 9 Captain Application Discussion

Sun Jul 16 2017, 13:13
accept everyone but aero he is cannot be trusted
Beninho
Beninho
Dynamite

Sun Jul 16 2017, 15:42
Message reputation : 86% (7 votes)
Roj - Friendly fella who seems active and I've noticed that he's improved at hax a lot since playing with Pelicans. Question marks over whether he can lead a team but he seems to have his head screwed on so I would say he's a good candidate. In response to Lumi, he wasn't very good under his previous name 'Unlocked' (I think they're the same person) and it's likely that people just hadn't seen him play.

Lyreco - Seems a decent guy although I've noticed a few troll comments from him in the music quiz. Don't know much about him, but I have noticed he has joined the team Flying Aces in WAH. Long story short, I wouldn't trust anyone who plays for them to captain a team.

Somalian - A chap I've got to know quite well over the past year, there are definite question marks about his comments in his public rooms but I know he doesn't mean any harm and I think this can be sorted. On the flipside, he is the only one of the current 5 candidates to have notable captain experience by achieving a mid-table finish in Haxleague, and one of our only members who regularly hosts on behalf of the league. With his current activity, he has the ability to lead and captain a team for sure.

Aero - For me, the best of the bunch. A veteran of haxball and it's evident that he knows how to play the game and can pass that knowledge on to anyone in his team. Ultimately, we want competitive teams and aeRo would certainly be able to provide one. Incredibly, I can't remember him ever being a captain of a team so that would be new territory, but based on his personality and ability I think he'd be like a duck to water.

Bamox - Likes to interact with the community which definitely stands out, but there a few question marks. I have no idea what sort of team he would choose, and he took a long absence after season 5 which could always happen again. This league has taken risks with new captains in the past like with Alvaro and Flash, with mixed success. He also mentioned having time off during the summer, but summer will be coming to an end when the season starts, so his activity could vary. His enthusiasm and friendliness is certainly admirable and I wouldn't criticise the decision if he is given a chance.

FINAL VERDICT:
1. aeRo
2. somalian
3. Roj
4. Bamox
5. Lyreco
Gjonaj
Gjonaj
Smooth Operator

Sun Jul 16 2017, 18:53
Tru spit beni lad
Beninho
Beninho
Dynamite

Mon Jul 17 2017, 16:28
BONUS CONTENT:

Nocke - Seems a pleasant lad who I've only seen playing in lower teams, so maybe making his own team will allow him to show what he can really do. His application was slightly confusing though; playing successfully as a team whilst focusing on players lacking in experience and skill is easier said than done. I think the fact he saw out both of the past two seasons at the bottom of the league indicates he could be in it for the long haul, but I slightly favour a few other applicants.

REVISED RANKING:
1. aeRo
2. somalian
3. Roj
4. Nocke
5. Bamox
6. Lyreco
lumi
lumi
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Jul 17 2017, 19:13
I've no knowledge of Nocke so can't comment Sad
Mád
Forum Bangout

Tue Jul 18 2017, 11:52
Roj - A new dutch captain to replace two that have left to keep this uk/nl league alive. Played him in fs and always been a sound lad who already leads a team on ehax i believe, if he can deal with b4d on his team for a season he'll be alright with anyone. I think his team will bring good teamplay and structure for newer players too.

Lyreco - Not entirely sure who this guy is but seen him on the premhax ts a lot during the season and never played versus him or spoken to him. Not heard anything negative about him however, maybe a dutchie who has changed his name cos which one hasn't? Rolling Eyes

Somalian - A controversial guy right now but i'd say its worth a shot anyway. Bit of a fiery lad but he seems dedicated to playing hax a lot, i mean who even pubs anymore let alone lots of the time, gotta be a keen bean for that. As people stated before me it seems he can keep a team going without needing to cut and sign tons which shows he can motivate people to turn up.

Abi - The next punk. Failed at his only previous captaincy where i had to take over cos he couldn't motivate us to play hax and instead played worms. Won't be able to teach new players as he doesn't know how to even play himself, hates 3v3 and bad players so don't expect his team to enjoy playing, therefore leading to mid season major cuts and signs to hire mercenaries where he'll move himself to manager to keep two superstars whilst tanking season 9 to get a good draft pick for season 10 where they'll implode and disband due to toxicity. Worst choice.

Bamox - Couldn't have met a nicer guy, except beni. Never spoken to the wee lad but seems like he's always been around on premhax just never really played much, could be the motivation he needs to get himself going and some others alongside him.

Nocke - I think he's an admin on ehax so that should show he knows whats needed and how to be im charge of people, especially ehax clowns. Cool i believe he's played here for a few seasons now so he should know most players going and i think he'll do well, did he captain a team on ehax? Not sure nut either way a good stable choice again

Be interesting to see the rest of the admins thoughts or have you done that privately?
Gjonaj
Gjonaj
Smooth Operator

Wed Jul 19 2017, 12:22
Edit ur posts u mongs
Mád
Forum Bangout

Thu Jul 20 2017, 13:09
Punk - retard, don't allow him. Will be a sssssssssssnek, only cares about himself. Never done anything for the community, top 3 worst haxball admins
Gjonaj
Gjonaj
Smooth Operator

Thu Jul 20 2017, 13:28
This is war, Madeline.
This is war!!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum