Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Season 5 Player XP new system preview Empty Season 5 Player XP new system preview

Thu Jun 02 2016, 23:07
Message reputation : 100% (8 votes)
In order to ease the workload on poor old Sugar, and in light of all the comments as regards to the old XP system, I'll be rolling out a new and hopefully improved player XP system for next season.

Everything will be put on a spreadsheet viewable on Google Drive (similar to the music quiz scores), and it'll be easier to sort through players just by number of goals or assists if preferred, and how points are broken down by matchday.

Here's how it looks currently https://i.gyazo.com/3f076eae27bf3d7a74837d401b52e861.png

I'll also be giving out points for secondary assists and for players that play the whole game in a winning effort regardless of any individual stats; as well as giving more XP to players who score goals consistently rather than players who simply score a lot of goals in one game. (For example scoring one goal every game for 5 games scores you approximately 10 more points than scoring just 5 goals in one game.)

If people are interested I'll divulge into the technicalities of the formulae, and if you think you have any better ideas please share them in this thread.

Last edited by Rénbeaudach on Thu Jun 02 2016, 23:29; edited 1 time in total
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Season 5 Player XP new system preview Empty Re: Season 5 Player XP new system preview

Thu Jun 02 2016, 23:12
dont get me aroused before bed
Helios
PremierHax Member

Season 5 Player XP new system preview Empty Re: Season 5 Player XP new system preview

Thu Jun 02 2016, 23:23
when u learn excel ren??
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jun 03 2016, 14:18
Niiiiiiiiiice.
VENOM i7
Dynamite

Fri Jun 03 2016, 14:45
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
are people going to have like certain values or costs like on fm? would be a cool idea bounce
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jun 03 2016, 15:06
To be fair to make like a fantasy hax thing wouldn't take nearly as much work considering the points system is pretty much encompassed by this xp stuff, you'd only have to sort out player costings and you'd be sorted.
abi
Energetic

Fri Jun 03 2016, 15:40
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Kamina
Promising

Fri Jun 03 2016, 16:06
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
sugar also wrote down minutes played. maybe for gks its also interesting if you can see minutes (as goalkeeper) divided by goals conceded? they had that in spanish league - of course it makes only sense if you played a certain amount of time like 50% of all minutes played.
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jun 03 2016, 16:32
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Yeah there should be stats for everything per minutes played, as long as you input the amount of minutes each player plays then to have a calculation for each stat per minute shouldn't be too hard right?
saviola

Sun Jun 05 2016, 13:22
Message reputation : 100% (7 votes)
Assuming that en route to creating these stats, detailed match reports (lineups for both halves, scorers, assisters, etc.) have to be created anyways, I want to bring up the possibility of automatically parsing these stats. If the stats could be made public in a parsable format, I could create a tool which crawls the forum and automatically creates and updates various statistics from these match reports, similar to the tool used for the predictions in FM season 14. The output could be csv and / or a more fancy web interface.

As an alternative, it could be done similar to how the Fantasy Haxball point calculation works for FM, where available information are loaded directly from the league page (would require adding information on scorers and assisters to the leaguerepublic site) and additional information (line-ups) are added manually. The script then prints the points which can be copied into the excel sheet. A little more work than the idea above, but allows for manual changes in case of exceptions from the rules etc.

I'm probably not going to get this done in time for the upcoming season, I just wanted to bring up the possibility of doing this. If you're interested just talk to me on TS or create a new thread where we can work out the details.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum