Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need UK team representing at the HCL

+29
xXxogre69xXx
SebastiAn
abi
UKOriginal
lumi
Geslan
Ghost
Hannes
Kamina
Swift
VENOM i7
Lloyd Banks
Groot
Q
abacus
noj
Skillem
Holtby
Sugar Ray
MrP
Beninho
Yawn
socrates
The Doctor
corn
Rénbeaudach
Jai.
mlfaijati
B4D 4SS
33 posters
Go down
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Need UK team representing at the HCL Empty Need UK team representing at the HCL

Tue Mar 15 2016, 21:56
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
if u look at the lineups on HCL most european countries have a 4v4 league that gets represented, but for british players the only way 2 get in is by something like haxtrick or fm, and none of those teams want to waste their time with new players and new player teams dont get accepted into division 2, only already known players/teams.

i think if this site had 4v4 league similar to how the 3v3 league is ran, a lot more uk talent would flourish in 4v4 3def, which is what a lot of uk players want 2 also play but dont get the chance which this site gives for 3v3 new players and could also give for 4v4 if it did it.
Anonymous

Need UK team representing at the HCL Empty Re: Need UK team representing at the HCL

Tue Mar 15 2016, 22:07
hear what ur saying buddy but the reason why a lot of ppl are here is because of its 3v3. Im sure if u made a team with 8-10 others FM wud accept you.
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Need UK team representing at the HCL Empty Re: Need UK team representing at the HCL

Tue Mar 15 2016, 23:02
Message reputation : 33% (3 votes)
who gives a shit about the hcl anyway, id rather not play against turks and portuguese people on 170 ping while simultaneously being flamed
Jai.
Energetic

Tue Mar 15 2016, 23:12
Message reputation : 83% (6 votes)
not enough active uk players to make a 4v4 league, look at the best 3v3 league we have, raped by swedes, an italian and a german. uk players aren't good enough unfortunately, the ones that are can get into a team. hcl isn't that great either, mostly a bunch of idiots who have no concept of fairplay or how to treat others. and even that team that sugar ray started in fm is foreigners now, focus on getting yourself better if you want to play in a better league/hcl, these losers won't be able to play with you
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Mar 15 2016, 23:54
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
We did have a site like that b4d, it was called FM, expect most UK captains bottle out of trying to help get other UK players get better and instead hunt for instant 'success' by signing every journeyman foreigner jobber who'll play for them because they have no concept of who's good and who's bad, just that the players they sign (not enitirely unjustifiably) will probably be better than the UK ones since they have more experience.
This had been a problem for nearly 4 years since Rachel and Ovo spinelessly made 'haxball manager' teams to go and play while they wanked themselves dry watching the streams at players who they had little or no connection to play for them whilst they bigged themseles up as 'pro captains'.

In fact, aside from myself Maddude, and for a brief period Witsel, I don't think anyone has truly wanted to give relatively inexperienced players a fair chance in the recent past, and even then all three of us no longer play FM.

Point being, if more people have to be willing to endure the 'we suck' period longer if we want to come out the other end with some decentish new players
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Wed Mar 16 2016, 00:00
@ ren

i see what ur saying ren about enduring the 'we suck' period, but if it was done as draft system like the 3v3 here, i think it wouldn't be such a problem since the quality would be spread out, and then hopefully the overall quality would rise each season from the new players getting practise with established pros.

@ jai

british team did lose last season but the overall quality of the british players has improved a lot thanks to this site, and if u and maddude weren't banned it would probably be a close race. and its hard 2 get better without league experience, and as ren pointed out teams in fm or haxtrick dont want 2 go through the 'we suck' period..
corn
corn
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Mar 16 2016, 00:12
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Don't think 4v4 and a draft system really mix together well, since 4v4 big requires a lot more practice and understanding than 3v3 which is a pick up and play format and the format most associated with british pubs. I know SPHB do 4v4 big easy but the games more fluid and arguably easier to master than 4v4 3def on big, imo anyway.

Best way to get UK players playing 4v4 is to make a team on haxtrick or FM and sign them there. Not just the case for UK players, but for all pub players who have recently joined a league.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Wed Mar 16 2016, 02:00
I don't understand this concept of "oh we have to make the new guys good hurrdurrr"
No.
Fk the new guys. The already decent ones need to get better is what needs to happen.
Also, helping a new guy improve takes time and adjusting how you play which basically makes you worse tbh

Why do we need a UK team in the HCL anyway, to add to the loser list of some Turkish team?
Listen, even TeamUK, our supposed elites, wouldn't stand a chance in the HCL and now we want some random newcomers to take on the Turks?

Ambition isn't a bad thing, but all things have limits man
Let's stick to getting rekt by swede's, the losses are bearable
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Mar 16 2016, 03:02
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
The Doctor wrote:I don't understand this concept of "oh we have to make the new guys good hurrdurrr"
No.
Fk the new guys. The already decent ones need to get better is what needs to happen.
Also, helping a new guy improve takes time and adjusting how you play which basically makes you worse tbh

Why do we need a UK team in the HCL anyway, to add to the loser list of some Turkish team?
Listen, even TeamUK, our supposed elites, wouldn't stand a chance in the HCL and now we want some random newcomers to take on the Turks?

I don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about, ACDP reached the semi finals of the 4v4 HCL ed8, as did the UK national team. If you've seen some of the teams like Turn-up Turnips for instance get through the period where they sucked and become legit players, you can see that perseverence DOES work and does make players play better.
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Wed Mar 16 2016, 09:10
B4D 4SS wrote: new players and new player teams dont get accepted into division 2, only already known players/teams.

Hot shots were that team tbf. FM admins were really excited about that team and were glad to see a team of new players joining. The problem is the captain/players aren't dedicated enough. After a few losses players start to leave and captain looks for more experienced players elsewhere. Eventually the Hot Shots that we see now has barely any UK involvement.

If you got the right captain and players together I think there's a good chance of being accepted into either FM or Haxtrick but you would have to prove to admins that you will be a long term stable team.

UK players are good enough to compete imo but it has to be a serious effort where players are prepared to take losses without rage quitting.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Wed Mar 16 2016, 12:24
Rénbeaudach wrote:
The Doctor wrote:I don't understand this concept of "oh we have to make the new guys good hurrdurrr"
No.

I don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about, ACDP reached the semi finals of the 4v4 HCL ed8, as did the UK national team. If you've seen some of the teams like Turn-up Turnips for instance get through the period where they sucked and become legit players, you can see that perseverence DOES work and does make players play better.

I don't think you've understood my point you gimp.
I was referring to the current TeamUK and the recent HCL, and the many more to come.

Also, did a bit of googling yeah to find replays of HCL Edition 8 where ACDP or TeamUK got to the semi-finals, as you said, and I don't think I found the right one but I came across a rather interesting UK roster that entered the HCL recently.

http://haxball-champions.forumz.ro/t17-360

Tell me, how far did this team get exactly?

Also, I didn't say perseverence doesn't pay off, I simply stated that it takes time and effort to do so. It's a long annoying task that no one really wants to do, hence why UK players will forever be pub-level, with exceptions of course.
Anonymous

Wed Mar 16 2016, 12:33
we won one game
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Wed Mar 16 2016, 12:43
yeh but doc m9 wot is the point of playing this game if we dont have any aspirations Mad

not like u lose anything if u try anyway
Yawn
Dynamite

Wed Mar 16 2016, 12:50
Doc, Put me Jai and a decent UK st and we will win you 3v3 hcl Wink

But i dont get it, nothing stops you from finding a decent team in haxtrick/Fm to play with, why you have to play with UKs? Look at the current best UK players in leagues (vakoj, Socrates, Jai), all playing in foreign teams. Only Turkey has enough top players to create many top top teams for HCL etc ^^

And Hot Shots would have been decent if they just kept going for a few more seasons like TuT, but without patience you wont get anywhere...
Beninho
Beninho
Dynamite

Wed Mar 16 2016, 15:48
To be fair there was still a large UK contingent in Hot Shots whilst we were losing games until Sugar gave captaincy to Holtby. He pretty much eliminated the core of the team and replaced them with average players who made no improvement to the team. Maybe someone else needs to give it a go.
MrP
MrP
Energetic

Wed Mar 16 2016, 16:09
No matter if u create a mixed nations team or an uk based team, u need activity if u want to start winning matches. And for this reason you need first of all an active captain that really cares about the team, keeps the team together and 2nd u need active players, that are motivated and want improve. Thats all! and regarding to badass 1st post, its the only way to become better or joining hcl with this team.

Sugar Ray
Sugar Ray
Superman

Wed Mar 16 2016, 17:33
I wouldn't say I wasn't dedicated enough to keep HS going in fm, i got a job so had more important things to do in my life. If I was still unemployed I would probably still be captain and there would be alot of homegrown players.

HS were always going to get battered in season 1, but we knew it would be a long term plan. Wanted to have a mixture of New players and experienced players but the experianced british players didn't join because they didn't want to play with noobs.

By the time we lost 10 or so games half the brits i the team left or went inactive while many foreigners were eager to join. by the time I turned too inactive to captain HS there wasn't even any British players in the team who were active or eager enough to take over. Holtby is eager to bring in players if they really want to join, that's why they signed doc, but in all honesty foreigners try alot harder to get signed in fm.

Holtby
Holtby
Promising

Wed Mar 16 2016, 18:25
Beninho wrote:To be fair there was still a large UK contingent in Hot Shots whilst we were losing games until Sugar gave captaincy to Holtby. He pretty much eliminated the core of the team and replaced them with average players who made no improvement to the team. Maybe someone else needs to give it a go.

You are right, but most of you were not active enough.. Klinsa, Speaks were not available in 2nd leg and later on you and xOscar mostly showed up on matchdays, when i was actively trying to fs and get some chemistry with eachother.
Also i think compared to last season this HS looks much stronger, even tho we drew 1 and lost 2 matches, the goal difference in both matches were by 1 goal.
I agree with the lack of consistency, thats my goals this season with Hot Shots.. to get some core players and hold them throughout the Season.
Btw even without Sugar we have more UK players in Hot Shots than of any other country  Wink
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Mar 16 2016, 18:27
Just goes to show at heart what a genuinely sickening human being Doc is.

Whenever this sort of topic comes up, he'll wait a few posts before badmouthing UK players in general, saying that they'll all be 'pub-level' forever when he himself has been the leader of the pub-level brigade for nearly two years now whilst displaying a staggering ignorance of the attributes and virtues it takes to make players actually perform well, and actually being close to the core of the problem as to why UK players don't get as fair a shot as they otherwise might.

Anonymous

Wed Mar 16 2016, 18:54
^lmfao brutal

even when the only remaining haxballers are jds and mr spike playing each other in multiple tabs, we'll still be having the same pointless arguments about uk hax.
Anonymous

Wed Mar 16 2016, 20:44
Rénbeaudach wrote:We did have a site like that b4d, it was called FM, expect most UK captains bottle out of trying to help get other UK players get better and instead hunt for instant 'success' by signing every journeyman foreigner jobber who'll play for them because they have no concept of who's good and who's bad, just that the players they sign (not enitirely unjustifiably) will probably be better than the UK ones since they have more experience.
This had been a problem for nearly 4 years since Rachel and Ovo spinelessly made 'haxball manager' teams to go and play while they wanked themselves dry watching the streams at players who they had little or no connection to play for them whilst they bigged themseles up as 'pro captains'.

In fact, aside from myself Maddude, and for a brief period Witsel, I don't think anyone has truly wanted to give relatively inexperienced players a fair chance in the recent past, and even then all three of us no longer play FM.

Point being, if more people have to be willing to endure the 'we suck' period longer if we want to come out the other end with some decentish new players

wat u chattin about bro, i made mick nd joel who dey r 2day
both made it 2 uk u21 squd
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Wed Mar 16 2016, 22:40
Rénbeaudach wrote:Just goes to show at heart what a genuinely sickening human being Doc is.

Whenever this sort of topic comes up, he'll wait a few posts before badmouthing UK players in general, saying that they'll all be 'pub-level' forever when he himself has been the leader of the pub-level brigade for nearly two years now whilst displaying a staggering ignorance of the attributes and virtues it takes to make players actually perform well, and actually being close to the core of the problem as to why UK players don't get as fair a shot as they otherwise might.

Reason I continuously say they'll always be pub-level is that those who have the ability to take in and essentially improve the rookies, are too busy trying to make a team out of friends alone.
Yea, I mean you.

TeamUK is built on a basis of who you get along with, and the TeamUKU21 has a roster with Jiminy cricket who has quit hax last I heard.
You always point the finger in the opposite direction, never looking at yourself, I mean, how are you even the UK captain when you are pub-level?

I agree, I'm the "leader" if you will of the pub brigade, and have been for 2 years. Reason being I used to see this game as a skill only, juke whoever you can game. However, playing with tanzim and splash a while back, and different leagues and with players far better than I in fs's I've come to learn that passing and making plays as a team is far more satisfying than a solo sloppy run. My whole hax-mentality has changed.

I've changed, but all you see is the same doctor from 2 years ago. Another problem you have. You don't believe people you dislike have the ability to improve.

I think it's time you stepped down as captain of TeamUK in all honesty and focused on things which you are good at like hosting quizzes and what -not
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Wed Mar 16 2016, 22:43
i just dont see why there cant be a 4v4 uk league when even countries who play less haxball in europe have their own..
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Mar 16 2016, 22:47
Team UK has never been better and The Doctor has never been madder that he's not on the team.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Wed Mar 16 2016, 22:56
Rénbeaudach wrote:Team UK has never been better and The Doctor has never been madder that he's not on the team.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

TeamUK has never been better you say?
What, with both the new signings you made from that ridiculous circus act you called a trial going inactive?

I'm not really missing out on much though am I?
Just a few losses, game in game out... every competition... every year..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum